Frequently asked questions

About admissions

1. How can I enroll in the programme?

You can submit your application request online through our website (“apply now” button). Our admissions team will review your application and contact you regarding next steps.  

2. What is the deadline for enrollment?

The enrollment period for our programme varies depending on the type of admission you have received.

If you have a conditional admission, you have until July 15th to enroll. If you have a direct admission and do not need to complete any additional courses to fulfill the programme requirements, you can enroll up to 15 days before the start of the programme.

If you require a residence visa (VISA), we strongly recommend that you begin the process as far in advance as possible due to potential delays in the application process. Please note that you will not be able to start the academic year without an approved VISA.

We encourage all prospective students to complete the admission and enrollment process as soon as possible to secure a place in our limited enrollment programme.

If you have any further questions or concerns about the enrollment process or visa requirements, please do not hesitate to contact our admissions office for assistance.

3. What are valid official Spanish certificates?

To demonstrate your level in Spanish, we accept the SICELE certificate at level A2 from any partner institution, as well as the Instituto Cervantes DELE exam, which is available in many countries and can be taken in digital or online formats.

If you are unable to provide either of these documents, you will be asked to sign an academic commitment stating that you will obtain the minimum level A2 requirement before starting the second year of the program.

If you have an unofficial A2 certificate from an unaccredited school, you will be asked to take a Spanish proficiency exam to determine if your level is sufficient or if you need additional support.

If you only have a certificate at level A1, you will be conditionally admitted and required to attend a Spanish summer course to improve your proficiency before starting the program.

We highly recommend that all applicants have a strong foundation in Spanish before entering the third year to ensure success in the program. If you have any further questions or concerns about the Spanish language requirements or proficiency exams, please contact our admissions office for assistance.

4. What are valid official English certificates?

The official certificates accepted are:

  • TOEFL: 93-120 (computer-based test), 397-433 (paper based test) or 30-40 (internet based test).
  • IELTS: minimum 3.0
  • TOEIC: 255-400
  • University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations: Cambridge English Key (KET)
  • Other exams / certificates: could be accepted as long as the level can be accredited.

5. When should I take the Spanish or Basic Sciences intensive course?

If you have not taken science classes such as biology or chemistry in high school, or if your last related study was completed more than 5 years ago, you will need to take extra science classes before starting the programme of study.

Similarly, for Spanish, if you do not have any prior knowledge or cannot provide a certificate demonstrating proficiency, you will need to take the BCC diagnostic test or take Spanish classes to meet the language requirement. 

6. What if I don't have a scientific background?

If your secondary/high school degree is not related to science or if you pursued a career in fields such as arts, law, or others, you can still apply for enrollment in the programme. You have the option to take the intensive summer course in basic sciences, which will help you level up your knowledge in the science field and prepare you for the programme. 

7. How do I prove that I have the required degrees for university acces?

To prove that you have access to the university, you need to submit a certificate that verifies the completion of your secondary education and grants you access to higher education in your country. Examples of such certificates include Selectividad (Spain), Baccalaureat (France), A-levels (UK), Abitur (Germany), Slutbetyg (Sweden), Maturitá (Italy), and others. In some cases, if it is valid in your country of origin, you can be admitted by presenting a vocational test that grants you access to the university.

8. What is the procedure and timing for conducting the admission interview?

The admission interview is a simple conversation aimed at getting to know you better and understanding your motivations to join the BCC and become a chiropractor. You will be speaking with Adrian Wenban, the Director of BCC, about chiropractic and the institution. It is not necessary to prepare anything for this meeting, and there is no need to be concerned.  It is also your chance to ask any questions or clear any doubts you may have before enrolling. 

9. What does the interview consist of?

The admission interview is a simple conversation aimed at getting to know you better and understanding your motivations to join the BCC and become a chiropractor. You will be speaking with Adrian Wenban, the Director of BCC, about chiropractic and the institution. It is not necessary to prepare anything for this meeting, and there is no need to be concerned.  It is also your chance to ask any questions or clear any doubts you may have before enrolling. 

10. If I do not hold a passport from the European Union, can I still study at the BCC?

Yes, as a foreign student without an EU passport, you can still study at the BCC. However, you will need to obtain a student visa and meet all the requirements set by the Spanish government for international students. It is important to start the visa application process as early as possible to ensure you have enough time to complete all the necessary steps before the start of the academic year. The BCC can provide guidance and support throughout the visa application process. 

11. I want to start the following year, can I still start the admission process now?

Yes, absolutely. We encourage students to start their admission process as soon as possible, due to the limited availabilities. This allows you to secure your place in the program and have enough time to process any necessary visas or paperwork. We recommend registering and reserving your place as early as possible to avoid any delays or complications. 

12. Can I enroll if I have completed another career related to art, language, law or another completely different training?

Yes, that’s correct. The Basic Science course is designed to provide you with the necessary content base to be on par with the rest of your colleagues who have a background in science education.

13. I already received my admission document, what should I do now to finish my registration?

Once you receive your admission document to secure your place at the BCC, you must send us the completed and signed “Registro de Matrícula” (enrollment contract). Your place will be confirmed only after you have made the payment for the enrollment fee.

14. Do you offer scholarships or discounts?

The BCC does not offer any scholarships or financing programs. However, we do provide various flexible payment options to enable you to choose the one that best suits your financial situation. We also offer discounts for full payments. For information on discounts for special cases, please refer to the Tuition Fee Policy.

15. What are the available payment forms?

Information to be added soon.

16. How much do the intensive courses cost?

Each of the online courses (basic sciences & Spanish) have a duration of 50 hours and is priced at  615. 

17. What are your bank details (to pay the registration fee)?

  • IBAN: ES7721000655710200416663 

About the programme, classes and diploma

18. What is the duration of the programme? Is it possible to solely pursue the Master's degree?

The duration of the programme is 5 (five) years, during which full-time commitment is required. Upon successful completion, a dual degree is awarded, and it is not possible to obtain the degrees individually.

19. When are the start and end dates of the academic year?

Typically, the academic year starts early October and concludes at the end of the month of June. Exact dates will be available in due time. 

20. Can it be done remotely or part-time?

This programme is conducted entirely in-person and on a full-time basis. It is not possible to participate in the programne partially or remotely as a minimum attendance of 80% in classes must be maintained. 

21. In what format are the classes of the programme conducted?

The majority of classes within the programme are conducted in a face-to-face format, although there may be instances where certain course material is delivered online.

22. When do the intensive courses start?

The intensive courses typically take place before the start of the programme, usually towards the end of August. The courses span a duration of 4-5 weeks and comprise a total of 50 hours each. 

23. In what format are the intensive course classes conducted?

The intensive courses have been designed using digital content, and students will be required to attend synchronous sessions with their instructors, as well as to review course materials in advance of each session.

At the end of the course, students’ comprehension of the material will be assessed in accordance with the minimum admission requirements.

24. What is the degree that I will be awarded upon completion of the programme?

You will be awarded two degrees upon successful completion of the programme of study: Título Superior en Quiropràctica, Máster en Quiropràctica.

25. After obtaining my degree, which countries will I be eligible to work in?

The European Council on Chiropractic Education (ECCE) accredits the degrees awarded by the BCC. As a result of this accreditation, graduates of the programme are eligible to work in countries where chiropractic is recognized as a regulated profession through an automatic homologation process. It should be noted, however, that the specific conditions for professional practice may differ between countries, particularly in those without specific regulations governing chiropractic. We recommend that you gather information on the profession’s status in any country where you plan to work. Currently, over 130 BCC graduates are employed worldwide.

26. Has the programme of study received accreditation?

Indeed, the study programme offered by BCC is accredited by the European Council on Chiropractic Education (ECCE). This accreditation enables BCC graduates to pursue employment opportunities in numerous regions and countries across the globe.

27. Are classes taught in English or Spanish? Additionally, are there any classes offered in Catalan?

As a bilingual institution, our official languages of instruction are English and Spanish. In the first year of the programme, simultaneous translation is provided to facilitate student comprehension and ensure all students are able to actively engage. Our programme  attracts students from more than 50 countries worldwide. 

About living in Barcelona

28. Does the BCC provide student accommodation?

BCC does not offer on-campus student residences. However, we are pleased to assist and provide guidance to students seeking housing accommodations. We maintain information about housing options and websites that can assist in your search, and we also offer a private and exclusive platform for BCC students to connect and seek out potential roommates. 

29. How can I find out about the cost of living in Barcelona?

Detailed information on the costs of living, rent, transportation, and housing can be found on this website. If you have any further inquiries or questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly.

30. The BCC has two campus, which one is more conveniently located?

Sarrià is known for its traditional charm and peaceful atmosphere, and it is where the majority of program activities take place. However, any other neighborhood in Barcelona that you prefer and meets your needs can also be a viable option. Fortunately, all neighborhoods in Barcelona are well-connected by public transportation.

If you are looking for a quieter and less touristy neighborhood, we advise against selecting areas such as Barceloneta, El Born, El Gótico, El Raval, and their surroundings.

Please contact us if you have any questions related to your accommodation, it will be a pleasure to assist you.